The health benefits of olive oil and CBD have been utilized around the world for generations and have become increasingly more recognized and celebrated in modern society. Here at House of Spain Olive Oil we are excited to share these wonderful health benefits with you.
What makes CBD infused olive oil the healthiest oil?
Our body's endocannabiniod system is responsible for regulating a variety of physiological and cognitive processes that are necessary in maintaining a variety of functions including fertility, pregnancy, pre and postnatal development, appetite, pain sensation, mood, and memory. Sufficient Omega 3 intake is necessary to repair and replace our CB1 endocannabinoid receptors so that our body is able to utilize both cannabinoids like CBD and endocannabinoids (ones our own body produces) which regulate homeostasis in the body.* Our Extra Virgin Olive Oil is high in Omega 3 as well as polyphenol antioxidants, vitamin E, K and many other beneficial components which make this marriage of a super food with a super molecule so beautiful.
Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Anti-inflammatory properties: These properties have been linked to reducing cancer, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, arthritis and even obesity.
- Reduces Blood Cholesterol: Olive oil has been shown to help reduce cholesterol levels in the blood, an important component of overall health.
- Olive oil contains large amounts of antioxidants: The antioxidants in olive oil have been shown to reverse disease related memory deficiencies and improve brain function.
- Olive Oil is rich in monosaturated fats: The monosaturated fats in olive oil have been shown to benefit mood, decrease anger, and increase physical activity.
- Heart Health: Olive oil has been shown the protect against heart disease by lowering blood pressure and protecting LDL particles from oxidation.
- Anti-bacterial properties: Nutrients found in olive oil can inhibit or kill harmful bacteria that live in the stomach which can cause stomach ulcers and stomach cancer.
Olive Oil has also been shown to improve hair loss. Find out more information on how olive oil can help here.
Health Benefits of Cannabidiol (CBD)
- Pain Relief: CBD has been show to reduce and manage mild to chronic pain.
- Anti-bacterial: Five major cannabinoids have powerful antibiotic ability.
- Anti-diabetic: Research ha shown that the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD could treat inflammation associated with diabetes.
- Anti-depressant: Cannabidiol (CBD) is a constituent non-psychotomimetic with great psychiatric potential, including uses as an antidepressant.
- Anti-emetic: The anti-emetic effect of cannabinoids has been shown across a wide variety of animals that are capable of vomiting in response to a toxic challenge.
- Anti-epileptic: CBD has been shown as an effective and relatively potent anticonvulsant.
- Anti-inflammatory: Cannabidiol (CBD) attenuates inflammation and pain without side-effects.
- Anti-insomnia: CBD has the ability to reduce anxiety, which can be helpful in reducing sleep difficulties and improving sleep quality. CBD may increase overall sleep amounts, and improve insomnia. CBD has been shown to reduce insomnia in people who suffer from chronic pain.
- Anti-ischemic: CBD exerts positive pharmacological effects in ischemic stroke and other chronic diseases, including Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Anti-psoriatic: CBD has shown a definitive role of the endocannabinoid system in regulating cutaneous (skin) cell growth and differentiation.
- Anti-proliferative: Cannabinoids possess anti-proliferative and pro-apoptotic effects and they are known to interfere with tumour neovascularization, cancer cell migration, adhesion, invasion and metastasization.
- Anti-psychotic: Findings suggest that CBD has beneficial effects in patients with schizophrenia. As CBD’s effects do not appear to depend on dopamine receptor antagonism, this agent may represent a new class of treatment for the disorder.
- Anti-oxidant: CBD may prove to have therapeutic utility in a number of conditions involving both inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Anti-spasmodic: Cannabidiol may represent a good candidate to normalize motility in patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Anxiolytic: Studies using animal models of anxiety and involving healthy volunteers clearly suggest an anxiolytic-like effect of CBD. Moreover, CBD was shown to reduce anxiety in patients with social anxiety disorder.
- Immunosuppressive: CBD has been identified as a source of immunosuppression which can help a great deal relating to the malfunctioning immune system. Cannabinoids which are an active ingredient of the Cannabis plant has been found effective in producing immunosuppression in the patient.
- Neuro-protective: CBD attenuates brain damage associated with neurodegenerative and/or ischemic conditions. It also has positive effects on attenuating psychotic-, anxiety- and depressive-like behaviors. Moreover, CBD affects synaptic plasticity and facilitates neurogenesis.
- Vaso relaxant: Studies have shown that CBD causes vasorelaxation of human mesenteric arteries via activation of CB1 and TRP channels, and is endothelium- and nitric oxide-dependent.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.